- Go to: http://rubyinstaller.org/
- Click download and load Ruby 1.9.3.(http://dl.bintray.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/rubyinstaller-1.9.3-p545.exe?direct)
- By default it will install on your c:\… drive (don’t change any default location or whatsoever and please make sure that you don’t have any space in the path.)
- Set your PATH variable that includes your ruby installation location. Now you should be able to run gem evn in your command prompt ( you probably better run command prompt under administrator)
- From the command prompt run gem install sass
Now you need to install bundler run gem install bundler If you find this error on gem installation: ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError) SocketError: getaddrinfo: No such host is known. (http://rubygems.org/latest_specs.4.8.gz) Then probably you need to look at your proxy setting. If you don't want to enforce any proxy then run this command, which will empty any proxy settings: gem install sass -p If you want gem to use any specific proxy then run this: gem install sass -p http://myproxy.com
After following this steps, you should be able to run Gulp task for SaSS from windows machine.